A Las Vegas judge has sided with former casino magnate Steve Wynn in Nevada regulators’ attempt to ban him from the gambling industry over sexual misconduct allegations.
Nevada gambling regulators last year sought to forbid Mr. Wynn from future casino operations and impose an unspecified fine, arguing that his alleged sexual misconduct toward female employees during his tenure as Wynn Resorts ’ leader from 2005 until his resignation in 2018 damaged the reputation of the state’s prized casino industry.
On Thursday, Clark County District Judge Adriana Escobar said regulators overstepped their authority because Mr. Wynn no longer has any involvement with the industry.
Mr. Wynn has said that the idea he ever assaulted any woman is preposterous.
A Las Vegas attorney for Mr. Wynn couldn’t immediately be reached for comment Friday.